While searching for a new home, a person is in a dilemma as to where to head to, which location to go for, which builder would give him the best and so on. Always check the following points before taking a decision.
While purchasing a home . . .
- Choose the location, which would fulfill your basic social needs.
- Check whether the area has the basic infrastructure. Ensure that the area is self sufficient as regards to daily needs.
- Ensure that the location has a proper approach road and accessibility.
Reputation and Credibility
- Study the reputation, experience and credibility of the Promoter Builder.
- Choose from a builder who's got a past history and been there for a long period of time in this field.
- Buy only from member of P.B.A.P. (Promoters and Builders Association of Pune), now CREDAI.
- Since the quality of construction cannot be checked visually, ask the builder about the suppliers and brands used.
- Update yourself with the builder's past projects.
- See the availability of infrastructure and project development on site.
Clear Titles and Home Plans
- Check the documentations and legalities of the project.
- Check the approvals and sanctions of the projects.
- While looking at the plans, make sure that the optimum use of space is made with minimum wastage of area. Check the plan for the interior layout.
- Check the carpet to saleable ratio.
- Check for own finance available and ensure home loan availability.
- If the project has been approved by reputed housing finance companies, getting a home loan will be easier and faster.
After - Sales Service
- Also find out about the Builder's after sales service.